Blog

DSCN3523

Many Improvements at Davidsonville Historic State Park

The new visitor center is 3500 square foot with gift shop and interpretive exhibit gallery. The exhibit gallery has a life sized hunter-trappers flatboat. The boat represents a flatboat from the 1820’s that was used to travel the rivers for trade or commerce. New interpretive panels have been installed, along with, audio sticks that help tell the story of Davidsonville and what life was like during territorial Arkansas.

The ghost structures represent what archaeologist and park staff thinks the buildings during the time of Davidsonville (1815-1827) might have looked like. The structures represent two-story, brick courthouse (first courthouse in Arkansas) and a two story dog-trot dwelling–the first US post office in Arkansas. The link below dives in the 3D world of Davidsonville. This was completed by the UofA 3D CAST department out of Fayetteville. They will also be on display for visitors soon at the new visitor center.

http://davidsonville.cast.uark.edu/structures

The campground is undergoing a complete renovation and the renovations should be complete in September. There will be total of 20 campsites when the renovation is complete. Twelve campsites will have water, sewer, and 50-amp electric and eight campsites will have water and 50-amp electric.

About the Author

Geoffrey HavensGeoff Havens is the Park Interpreter for Davidsonville Historic State Park.View all posts by Geoffrey Havens →

Leave a Reply