November 1 and 2, 2019
Downtown Pocahontas, Arkansas
Presented by Five Rivers Historic Preservation, Inc.
Friday November 1
- 4 p.m. – Temporary “Pop-up” St. Charles Tavern/Beer Garden Open, 106 N. Bettis Street (See more information below on beer & wine sales.)
- 5:30 p.m. – Slightly Haunted History Hayride by Linda Bowlin. Begins in front of the Downtown Playhouse on North Marr St. Tickets are $10 and will go on sale the week prior to the event.
- 6 p.m. – Lauren and Mike Gray perform on the state on the Historic Court Square. Free of charge. Sponsored by Nathan Camp.
- 8 p.m. – Cory Jackson performs on the stage on the Historic Court Square. Free of charge. Sponsored by Bloomingtown Florist & Gifts.
Saturday November 2
- 8 a.m. – Gobble Wobble 5K begins downtown. Sponsored by Next Level Athletics Tumbling & Cheer.
- 9 a.m. – Vendor Setup. Registration forms available here.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Five Rivers Auto Club Car Show on North Marr Street in front of the Downtown Playhouse.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Kids’ Zone Games, on West Everett Street between Marr Street & Van Bibber Street. Sponsored by 1st Advantage Home Care, Inc., and Iberia Bank.
- 10 a.m. – All Things Kizer Brunch & Lecture located at the Randolph County Heritage Museum on the Historic Court Square. Led by Lauren Summerville, writer and expert on serial killer John Kizer.
- 10 a.m. – Silent Auction begins inside the old Randolph County Courthouse on the historic court square.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Tour of Homes. Tickets and map information to be announced. Sponsored by Project Graduation.
- 10 a.m. – Clogging by Marr Street Productions on the Historic Court Square, on the Marr Street Productions Stage.
- 11:30 a.m. – New Orleans style Novemberfest Parade: walking/bikes/golf carts. No cars or trucks or floats. Fun and quirky. See parade route, sign-up sheet, and more details HERE. Sponsored by Randolph County Chamber of Commerce.
- Noon – Temporary “Pop-up” St. Charles Tavern/Beer Garden Open, 106 N. Bettis Street (See more information below on beer & wine sales.)
- 12:30 p.m. – Marshallese Culture Dances on the stage on the Historic Court Square.
- 1 p.m. – Lil’ Slice of Heaven Pumpkin Pie Contest located inside the Historic Old Randolph County Courthouse. Sponsored by First Methodist Church. Registration forms and rules available…
- 1:30 p.m. – BINGO on the Historic Court Square, sponsored by AMVET Post #62.
- 2 p.m. – Trivia at St. Charles Tavern, 106 N. Bettis Street. Assemble your trivia team! Prizes will be awarded.
- 2 p.m. – 4-H Club BBQ Cooking Contest.Located at the Opera House Art Park on North Marr Street. For more information, see the event flyer HERE or see the Randolph County Extension Office for entry information.
- 3 p.m. – Cinderella Dress Up Contest on the stage on the Historic Court Square. Sponsored by Pocahontas Posey Patch. Entry forms available on the Novemberfest 2019 Facebook page.
- 4 p.m. – Broken Rise performs on the Marr Street Productions stage on the Historic Court Square.
- Globetrotter Mobile Bar will be set up near the live music.
- 4 p.m. – Walk This Way history tour, a walking tour by Linda Bowlin. Begins at the Downtown Playhouse on North Marr Street. $5 per person.
- 6 p.m. – Marr Street Productions performs on the Marr Street Productions stage on the Historic Court Square.
- 6 p.m. – Barrett Baber Meet and Greet Private Event. Limited number of tickets to be available. Ticket information to be announced. Sponsored by Randolph County Tourism Association.
- 8 p.m. – Barrett Baber Free Concert on the Historic Court Square main stage. Sponsored by the City of Pocahontas.
Beer and Wine will be available during the festival for sale to adults age 21 and up, at the pop-up St. Charles Tavern/Beer Garden at 106 N. Bettis Street, and at a mobile point of sale near the car show and live music. During festival hours, drinks may be carried on the street but must remain within the festival boundaries as outlined in blue in the image below, that is, around the court square (except for Broadway Street), and extending 2 blocks on North Marr Street. Local law enforcement and a representative of the Arkansas Alcoholic Beverage Control Division will be on hand.
In addition to a variety of draft and bottled beers and wines, the Tavern will offer beer samplers and wine samplers. Try 5 oz. of 5 different beers or 2 oz. of 5 different wines for a reasonable fee. Some simple bar foods will also be available.